Monday 26 March 2007

No more lollygagging


Room at Olinda - Cocky Feather Quill & mixed media - LC 1999.

DAY ONE.
Up bright and early at 11:30am.
But daylight saving ended yesterday so it was really only 10:30. It's good to be an early bird again.

Many years ago, after I got 9 out of 10 for colouring-in beetroots in grade 2, I promised myself that I was going to be an artist by the time I turned 50. Why I gave myself so long I have no idea, probably because I thought I had time, which was a big mistake because now I bloody AM 50 and I have to get a wriggle on. So this it, no more frittering away of time, no more lagging, lingering, loitering or lollygagging.
Today is Day One of my new life as an artist...
(really)
Place aside all of your fears and recognise there are infinite possibilities and opportunities for you to fulfill.

No comments: